You Are Reading

0

BOTHERING..

Ness Aug 17, 2010

















Something’s bothering me since this morning. I recently changed to Globe since my Smart number was locked. I texted my Mom:

“Ma, dito ka na sa Globe ko mag text ha. Yung Smart ko, para sa mga job applications na lang yun. Alis ka today?”

She replied immediately: “Hindi, naglaba ako.”

Immediately, I felt something’s unusual. Unusual on that message I received from Mama. Normally, if I text her, ask her if she’s going anywhere, she would reply to me answering my question plus some added comments. Normally, I can feel the pleasantness of her message and her mood. But this time, it’s different. It’s very unusual that’s she’s on a “1 question = 1 answer” mode. For a while, I was thinking about it. Being alone in my living room, I get to realized that there’s something wrong. I know. I can feel it. But I chose to ignore it, thinking that Mama is just busy doing the laundry that’s why she didn’t have time to make kwento to me.

After some time, around past lunch time, I learned that my mother-in-law and god-mother are spending a 4-day vacation here on October. I got excited so I texted my mama again.

“Ma, pupunta dito and balae mo kasama si ninang sa October. Oct ** to **. Gusto mo sumama?”

Of course, I wanted her to have a vacation as well. Though, she knows that I am still looking for a job right now, she knows very well that we are on a very tight financial situation. I was thinking that since it is still going to be on October, I can probably save some money to get her plane tickets.

She replied: “Hindi na.”

I wanted to ask her why. And what’s wrong. I wanted to ask her that I can feel something different on her text messages.. But, again, I just ignored it. I replied : “Okay…”

After that, no more.. Something’s wrong. I can feel it. I know there’s something that’s bothering my mama..

I was browsing through my Facebook and Twitter accounts. I launched my browser and it directed to my homepage. My homepage displays my daily horoscope. My eye balls almost popped out when I saw it.

My heart pumped harder than I can feel it. There’s something going on.. To quote my horoscope today - August 16, 2010: “Those closest to you will be expecting a lot of your attention..” I knew it. But I am clueless, what’s bothering my mama.. I hope she’s okay. I promise to call her tomorrow..

While writing this, I was praying. Praying that my mama is okay. Praying that whatever’s bothering her, it’s just as simple like the times that she misses me. Praying that when I call her tomorrow everything will be okay and back to normal…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 redappletable ♥